Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Matilda By Roald Dahl

At first I didn’t think I would enjoy this book at all. No offense is meant to the great Mr. Dahl, but a story about a small girl with nasty parents didn’t seem all that appealing. I am glad and pretty thrilled to report that I not only enjoyed Matilda, but loved it. It was probably the best book that I read by Dahl. I really connected with Matilda, not because she had nasty evil parents but because she was a very smart and witty child. She also read many different books including Great Expectations by Charles Dickons, which is a book I read as a child as well. I think that Dauhl has a certain flair for writing stories about child that over come impossible odds, because I enjoyed Matilda and James and the Giant Peach far more than I did The Twits or The Enormous Crocodile. I also think that this makes the story more relatable and better received by children rather than a story about animals or strange grown-ups. Anyway, Matilda was heart warming story that had complexity and excitement through every page.

No comments: