Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where's Waldo by Martin Handford

I chose this book for my wordless picture book, mostly because it's the only picture book that I could think of without words. I will admit I did "read" this book as a child and I did enjoy it, but I am not sure how much of an educational factor there is to a book like this. I understand that it teaches kids to pay attention to little detail, but other than that, I am not sure what it brings to the table. The artwork is fantastic, but I am sure that it must have been a headache at time to create it. Honestly I am not too sure what else to say about this book. If you want to keep a kid quiet, kill some time, or give yourself a headache, go ahead and pick it up. I just feel like time can be spent on something a little more worth while.

No comments: