Sunday, November 30, 2008

STINK! and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker! by Megan Mcdonald and Illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds

As you may recall, my Monarch Nominee book STINK! the Incredible Shrinking Kid! was a surprisingly good read. Well needless to say, I fell in love with the character, and decided that I would read the rest of the series for my series study. I was not disappointed. In this story after Stink is disappointed that his Super-Galactic Jawbreaker was not so Super-Galactic, he writes the Jawbreaker Company and they send him a whole box filled with Jawbreakers. This gives Stink and idea, he writes a toy company about their robot toys, and a candy company, and both respond in a similar fashion. In all the excitement Stink forgets about his best friend Webster's birthday, but makes up for it by throwing Webster a party at school putting all of the toys, candy, and jawbreakers into a pinata. I know, I basically gave away the ending, but there is a lot I didn't cover and you should really go pick it up for yourself. Once again I think this is fun read for anyone, not just the third grade reading level it is intended for.

No comments: