Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Puss in Boots Illustrated by Fred Marcellino and Translated by Malcolm Arthur

This was chosen to be one of my classic literature books. I mainly chose it because I had never heard the tale of Puss in Boots before, and I didn't know where the character in the movie Shrek came from. I have to say, as cool as Antonio Banderas is, He does not do justice to the original Puss in Boots. I loved this story, and really wished that someone had told it to me when I was a child. I absolutely love stories were the main character outsmarts someone much larger or powerful than themselves. The oil paintings (or what I am assuming to be oil paintings due to the fact that you can see the canvas underneath in some cases) are fantastic. They capture so much expression on all the characters faces. I really think that kids would enjoy this book as much as I did.

No comments: