Thursday, November 20, 2008

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

I know. I know. I thought I was done with the Dr. Seuss book reviews too, but I just could not think of a better example of a predictable pattern book than this great read. With each page something new gets added on to a list of places or circumstances where someone might eat Green Eggs and Ham. This book is so wonderful, and so much fun, (albeit, very redundant) that I couldn't stop laughing at all the wonderful rhymes and illustrations! Seuss (yes I know that is not his real name) must have had an amazing imagination, and I truly wish that I could have met the man. This book teaches children the importance of trying new things, and not to judge something before you try it yourself. I know that my sister has read it to my nephew and now anytime that he doesn't want something he's never had before, she tells him that it is green eggs and ham, and he devours whatever it is on his plate right away. If there is one thing to be said about Seuss, he knows how to get pretty complicated concepts across to even the smallest of children. Anyway, I've said it before, and I just might say it again, this book is not just fun for kids, but adults alike.

No comments: