Thursday, November 20, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss

From there to here, from here to there, Dr. Seuss is everywhere. Or at least he is on my blog. If you haven't been able to tell by now that I love Dr. Seuss, well then you haven't been reading any of my posts so far. I chose this book for one of my picture books, not because it was next to all the other Seuss books in the library, but because after finishing my illustrator study, I realized just how amazing Seuss is. So of course I had to get more. This book is another fine example of Seuss' genius (As if that's really any surprise.) Every page is filled with a different rhyme and illustration designed to spark the imagination of a child, while at the same time educated them on many different subjects. The book is also designed for the child to one day read on their own, which I find absolutely wonderful. This book not only teaches concepts and queries for children to ponder, but also it teaches confidence and the importance of reading. How many other books can you think of that can do all of that besides another Seuss book? As with all the other Seuss books that I have written about, even though it is directed for children, anyone can learn a thing or two from the great Doctor.

No comments: